If you managed to survive this past weekend’s Halloween party circuit without needing down a costume, I salute you. But we’re only days away from October 31, so time’s wasting before you really have to get something. To help inspire you, here are 31 gay celebs in kickass costumes. Whether you’re going for campy, kooky, sexy, scary, or none of the above, these gents have you covered.
1. Anderson Cooper nails this Phil Donahue costume: a perfect pop culture throwback.
2. RuPaul proves a throwback to an entire era — the big-haired ’80s in this case — can be just as potent.
3. Adam Lambert wards off predators with spikes. Fetish fun for the whole Glam Nation.
4. “Man in uniform” is always a bankable look. Just ask Dick Sargent.
5. A Mormon uniform works too. See: Andrew Rannells.
6. Nathan Lane reminds us (in this Modern Family pic) that golfers were once wonderful fops.
7. Sal Mineo steals your heart in this military getup from A Private’s Affair.