David Beckham attends a tennis match
- Birthday shoutouts go to Tom Hanks, who is 56, and Courtney Love is 48.
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman will be Plutarch Heavensbee in Catching Fire. I’m not exactly sure what any of that means, but there it is.
- Carly Rae Jepsen will guest star as herself on the season premier of 90210. Trevor Donovan will also return, so I’m expecting a duet. I probably won’t get it, but I can hope.
- Is Adam Lambert in talks to become a new American Idol judge?
- You must immediately head over to Towleroad to witness Super Golden Friends. It’s spot on, especially Sophia, who I still firmly believe is the most monstrous person in the history of TV (someday I’ll tell you why).
- Speaking of The Golden Girls, The Ali Forney Center will Receive $3.3 Million from NYC for the Bea Arthur Residence for homeless GLBT youth.
- CNN discusses Anderson‘s coming out.
- Nancy Pelosi danced to “It’s Raining Men” at Barney Frank‘s wedding. Please let there be video.
- In today’s BWA-HA-HA: Anti-Gay Christian Rocker Ordered To Pay Maddow’s Legal Bills.
- Archie Meets Glee. I don’t know what to make of this. I’m just glad they had Kevin Keller find someone, or we could’ve been looking at the next Klaine blocker. Actually, that could be fun.
- Michael Fassbender has made my gaymer heart go Squee! with the news that he’s set to produce and star in the film adaptation of the video game Assassin’s Creed. (h/t VeryCutePanda)
- Continuing the Official snicks Top 100 Lost Hits of The 80′s! Today it’s #98 … “Heart Don’t Fail Me Now” by Holly Knight. Holly is one of my 80′s pop music icons. She wrote or co-wrote some of the most memorable hits of the decade, including “Love Is A Battlefield,” “Invincible,” “Better Be Good To Me,” “The Best,” “Never,” “Obsession,” as well as a few lost hits you’ll be seeing on this countdown … including her own lost hit. She released her self-titled album in 1988, and it contained a killer version of “Battlefield,” as well as her own stab at solo pop stardom, “Heart Don’t Fail Me Now.” Unfortunately, it flopped, peaking at #60 in October of ’88. But she still has that legacy of songs, including my personal anthem, “The Warrior.” Tomorrow’s Clue – “Come And Take It To The Nth Degree.”
- Frank Ocean continues to receive support, this time from Beyonce.
- Well, that’s about it, I can’t think of anything el …. oh, wait a minute. Something did happen this weekend that might deserve a mention. FEDERBEAR WINS!. He won his record-tying seventh Wimbledon title, his 17th Major overall, and next week he sets the new record for most weeks at #1!
- But spare a thought for Andy Murray, who fought his heart out, trying to become the first Brit in over 70 years to win the Men’s Singles. He gave an emotional speech that gained him quite a few new fans, despite the earlier wardrobe malfunction that plagued him.
- Congrats to Carlos for being the first to correctly guess that Friday’s Pixuzzle™ © ® was Carrie.
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…