Following this assortment of carefully-selected news items, interested readers can find a refreshing pic of a hot man in underwear. Yes, we’re serious.
- Since I’m way behind on my Being Human recaps, I went and found you one over at Den of Geek, but it is spoiler filled for Yanks who haven’t seen anything yet.
- The Spurf™ over at Entertainment Weekly has been playing fill-in-the-blank games with the casting on Glee. The first one worked out to Kurt‘s boyfriend being on the football team. He has a new puzzle now.
Kurt isn’t the *n** seemingly celibate **ee *h*r***e* **tt*** * *o**
i******t *e*t *e****!
- In a new article, the same Spurf™ says that the third mystery casting is for a male R&B rival for Mercedes.
- Carrie Underwood will sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl, and The Who will provide the half time show. I can safely watch The Puppy Bowl without missing anything.
- Mike Diamond got naked and posed for a PETA ad. It talks about…things. It’s unclear if PETA actually asked him to make the ad since it’s not on their main web page.
- Anybody who watched the American Idol auditions last night noticed it was edited to show some serious tension between Simon Cowell and Neil Patrick Harris. I’m not sure I’d go all the way and call NPH "bitchy" like some did, but I’d definitely call Simon that and more.
- Nicholas Hoult, most recently of A Single Man, but most fondly of Skins, has signed on to appear in Fury Road, the Mad Max sequel. He’ll be playing a character named Nux.
- Hikaru Utada, the chart topping singer from Japan tossed out some styrofoam baseballs at her San Francisco concert emblazoned with "Legalize Gay." That provides a more definitive answer to her personal views than The Flying Monkey was able to infer recently.
- I’m not sure there’s anything gay about it, but both NewNowNext and we have mentioned the Joseph Gordon-Levitt movie Hesher that was showing at Sundance. The film has been purchased for distribution by Newmarket, the firm behind such gay favs as Cruel Intentions and Donnie Darko.
- Author J.D. Salinger has passed away at the age of 91. For years people have debated the sexuality of Catcher In the Rye‘s Holden Caulfield, and now the only man who’s sure is gone.
- Jane Lynch is scheduled to appear on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire tomorrow to ask a Glee-related question.
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…