- Below you can see the trailer for the upcoming The Green, which stars Jason Butler Harner as a gay school teacher accused of molesting a student, and Cheyenne Jackson as his partner. Julia Ormond and Illeana Douglas lend support in what looks to be a very intense film. There’s no release date yet, but we’ll keep you posted.
- Jennifer Lopez proves once again that she should not be giving musical advice to anyone by releasing an absolutely wretched version of “Venus.” Shocking Blue did the original, but the most famous version was performed by Bananarama, who took it to #1 in 1986 (and apropos of nothing, is #22 on the Snicks Top 100 of the 80′s).
- In ratings news, last night’s Golden Globes was on par with last year, while Desperate Housewives had the lowest ratings in the show’s history. Brothers & Sisters had it a bit better … it only had the lowest ratings of the season.
- Speaking of Brothers & Sisters, we here in the AE office are still trying to figure out what the hell is going on with Rachel Griffiths in this picture. My guess – Hedwig: The Mullet Years.
- In news I saw coming weeks ago, Marissa Jaret Winokur is leaving the CBS daytime gabfest The Talk, citing “lack of airtime” for her “mom on the streets” segments. Unfortunately , this show can’t hope to compete with The View until Sharon Osbourne and Leah Remini have a knock-down drag-out screamfest … complete with split-screen.
- Ed usually covers the Matthew Mitcham news, but I couldn’t resist posting this pic of Matt with some Funky Trunks models at the opening of Midsumma, Melbourne’s yearly queer arts and cultural festival. (pic: David Menadue)
- We mentioned last week that Rugger God Ben Cohen was in The States, and last night he made a surprise appearance with Andy Cohen (no relation) on Watch What Happens Live.
- The Australian Open started today, which means I’m going to be a nervous wreck for the next two weeks as my Federbear seeks to defend his title. Over the weekend, Roger, Rafa Nadal, Andy Roddick, and many others participated in a charity event to raise money for Australian flood relief. Below you can see a pic of out Aussie pop star Anthony Callea perform at the benefit, with a familiar face in the background.
- Speaking of tennis, below you can see an exhibition match with John McEnroe, Henri Leconte, Michael Llodra and young Ryan Harrison. it’s a normal match … until everyone starts stripping. Well, except for Ryan, who looks like a deer in headlights. And if you’re a tennis fan, you know that Michael is famous for stripping during matches, and as far as I’m concerned, he should be encouraged to keep doing so.
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…