Chris Colfer and Dermot Mulroney attend the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Happy Birthday to three film heavyweights. Spike Lee is 55, William Hurt is 62, and Holly Hunter is 54 today. Feel free to do a top five for any or all of them. I’m going to do a Holly list: 5. “Crash (The David Cronenberg Crash, not that … other Crash),” 4. “The Incredibles,” 3. “Broadcast News,” 2. “Raising Arizona,” 1. “The Burning.”
- Eddie Izzard has been cast as Grandpa in Bryan Fuller‘s reboot of The Munsters, this time called Mockingbird Lane.
- Actress Camilla Luddington has been cast in a recurring role as faerie Claudette in the new season of True Blood. At first I was confused, because I was sure that Eric killed Claudette during his adorable amnesia period, but that may have been Claudine. Stupid faeries and their confusing names.
- Starz has once again renewed a series for a second season before the first season has debuted, this time giving Magic City a pre-renewal.
- Here’s a surprise:, Adam Levine is in final negotiations for a starring role in Season Two of American Horror Story.. Adam “will be playing a contemporary character and half of a couple called The Lovers.” As much as Adam loves getting nuded up, this could be interesting.
- In ratings news, Dancing With The Stars had its lowest rated season premiere ever, while Smash was down 4%.
- Willam talks about last night’s RuPaul’s Drag Race shocker, … but still manages not to say much of anything. What the hell happened?
- Congrats to Andrew Chapelle, who won the crown at the Sixth Annual Broadway Beauty Pageant. We’ll have video of the highlights tomorrow.
- Tuesday, May 22nd is graduation day on Glee.
- Seann William Scott is engaged to a former Victoria’s Secret model. Bless his heart.
- Below you can see Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean on the set of Les Miserables. Needs more claws.
- Below you can see Kathy Griffin talk about her upcoming surgery, and the chances that she’ll survive to film her upcoming Bravo talk show.
- Below you can see a character from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…