Following this assortment of carefully-selected news items, interested readers can find a refreshing pic of a hot man in underwear after the jump. Yes, we’re serious.
- T.J. Ramini (pictured above) has been cast on 24 for next season. Hmm, might all be forgiven if they make him a gay character? No, not really, but I still wouldn’t complain…
- Mover over Justin Suarez — you’re mom just gave birth to a baby sister! Okay, it’s not your real mom, but Ana Ortiz, your Ugly Betty mom who now has her own little Betty (okay, Ana’s is named Paloma, but still…)
- Mad Men is back on August 16th and AMC is promoting with four new trailers. Alas, Salvatore (Bryan Batt) doesn’t show up in a single one.
- India celebrated their own gay pride this weekend as they marched to have gay sex decriminalized. The government is discussing repealing the law, but just like in the U.S., religious groups and leaders are protesting any changes. What. A. Shock.
- Rightwing newspaper The Washington Times dissects the Rise and Fall of Perez Hilton in a nutty article that tries to pit black against gay. Meanwhile, Pete Wentz chastises Perez’s Michael Jackson coverage via Twitter. And the Matthew Shepherd Foundation passed on money from the celebrity blogger.
- This U.K. Daily Mail article airs Michael Jackson’s supposed dirty laundry including claims he had adult male lovers.
- In tragic news, a gay man died during a flag football tournament. Jorge Lopez, 41, is survived by his partner.
- Ticked off gays march in Dallas over police raids on a gay bar. Perhaps they were just trying to reenact Stonewall? Good for Texas gays for not sitting quietly by…
- Here is a clip of K. D. Lang "Live in London" crooning "Constant Craving." What is it when a gay man has a crush on a lesbian? Whatever it is, I have one on Lang. (More clips from the concert available here!)
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…