Out actor and current Broadway It-Boy Ben Daniels at last night’s Theatre World Awards
In a continued effort to bring you all that is important in the world of gay entertainment and ensure that you are being spoon-fed images of gorgeous, commoditized manflesh, we present the newly-minted AfterElton Briefs. Following the usual assortment of carefully-selected news items, interested readers can find a refreshing pic of a hot man in underwear after the jump. Yes, we’re serious.
- Shia LaBeouf‘s publicist spoke to E!’s Marc Malkin, expressing regret for the "faggot" video and saying that the actor is "embarrassed" that it was made public. Considering the bulk of the video consists of the clearly drunk underage actor begging to be slapped in the face, I would hope that’s an understatement.
- TV Guide grabbed Neil Patrick Harris and his How I Met Your Mother co-stars for one-on-one video chats this week. Here’s Neil’s.
- Forget the Joker dolls, the really ambitious bidder can get a hold of one of Heath Ledger‘s chairs from the Brokeback Mountain set. (Flannel, tobacco stains, and crushing sense of loss sold separately.)
- You may have heard that Dwayne Johnson and Steve Carell share a smooch (for laughs, of course) in the upcoming Get Smart movie. You may not have heard that The Rock "smells like strawberry shortcake" or that the actors (both of whom have played gay before) are going out of their way to point out that the kiss was no big deal.
- What is it with weathermen and on-air catastrophes? I mean, first the cockroach guy, and now this poor fella gets called a pedophile?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…
Nashville Star contestant Justin Gaston!