Following this assortment of carefully-selected news items, interested readers can find a refreshing pic of a hot man in underwear. Yes, we’re serious.
- Italian footballer (soccer) Jesus Datolo is facing disciplinary action and fines from his team for posing for gay magazine Romeo, above. Seriously? Do they not know the history of sports stars and gay promotion? Let me show them.
Nick Youngquest wasn’t fined for Attitude Magazine.
- I’m not sure how to go about revoking the Gay Card of one of the most prominent activists on the internet, but would someone get me the paperwork? Bil Browning over at Bilerico posted an incredible video of the out Gavin Creel singing a never released "Do You Remember" from a scrapped Peter Pan show, and he admitted he had to look up who Gavin Creel was. Seriously?!?! Somebody take his toaster oven. And his boyfriend!
- Remember conservative columnist Peggy Noonan‘s piece about Adam Lambert being the reason American was crumbling? Well, Adam’s brother has responded over at his excellent blog, NegativeNeil.
Furthering my point, who would dare fine Ben Cohen for his Attitude cover?
- Earlier, I felt guilt about posting the John Barrowman video and influencing the results of the #biggaybattle. I found a way to balance the scales with this promotional video for the 100th episode of How I Met Your Mother – yes, the one with the singing and dancing.
- In a bit of a bummer, Brad L. Graham, the gay blogger credited with terming the phrase "blogosphere" has died at the age of 41.
- Guestofaguest is reporting that powergays Marc Jacobs and Lorenzo Martone aren’t just sunning themselves in St. Barts, they got married. With custom cake toppers of themselves, complete with Marc’s Spongebob tattoo. Congrats!
- Broadway hunk and AfterElton.com obsession Cheyenne Jackson spent Christmas alone, in his underwear. No, there are no pictures. But there is a fun interview.
Exhibit 3 of a sports star not getting fined for a gay mag spread.
- Popeater is reporting that CNN is breaking up the greatest couple in the world – Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin. Kathy is reportedly banned from the network after her her creative pronunciation of Balloon Boy’s name on New Year’s Eve.
- The Spurf™ over at Entertainment Weekly is reporting what snicks has been saying all season: systems are go for a Betty/Daniel romance over on Ugly Betty. Ugh. If the ratings don’t kill the show, that will. Never go for the tension romance. Moonlighting, anyone?
- Points for persistence: The Save Ianto Jones folks are reminding us that the anniversary of the beloved coffee boy’s death is Saturday, January 9, and has some action items to get the BBC to bring him back. But is it too late? Is Capt. Jack playing naked hide-n-seek with someone else?
Oh, and if the Italians were upset about the footie posing in his undies, remember this?
- Allan Hyde, who played the beautiful Godric on True Blood, is but one of the celebrities like Zachary Quinto, Matt Dallas, and Summer Glau to appear in photographer Tyler Shield‘s year-end video. The imagery is beautiful (the men), disturbing (Mickey Mouse), and very cool. What I want to know is what is "pitch-black hide-n-seek" that Allan, Tyler, and a bunch of other Hollywood up-and-comers were playing on New Year’s Eve? And what happens when you catch someone?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…