Here is last week’s caption pic winner. This week’s caption pic is at the bottom of the page.
Thanks to everyone for participating! The winner is …
“It seems Edna Mode’s “no capes” policy has been taken to extremes.”
Thanks to Miz Liz for this week’s winning caption!
- Weekend Birthdays! (Note: Birthday shoutouts are for out entertainers, allies, or for any celeb that seems to have a following on AE). Cillian Murphy (above) is 36, A very special shoutout to Sir Ian McKellen, who is 73, the late Dixie Carter would have been 73, Mike Myers is 49, the faboo Pam Grier is 63, Helena Bonham Carter is 46, Paul Bettany is 41, and out singer/actor Timo Descamps is 26. He’s just adorable.
- BTW, there are two other birthdays this weekend we’ll celebrate on Saturday and Sunday with separate posts.
- Deadline has the complete ranking list for this television season (for the 18-49 demo). Shows of note include Modern Family at #4, Once Upon A Time at #16, Glee at #23, Smash at #38, Happy Endings at #42, and Revenge at #45. Out of 156 shows, GCB was #54, and still got canceled. Bastards.
- Congrats to Food Network star Anne Burrell, who has publicly come out.
- Speaking of Tyler Clementi : That could be my son one day.
- More Than I Can Chew. An excerpt from Dan Bucatinsky‘s book Does This Baby Make Me Look Straight?
- In ratings news, the season premiere of So You Think You Can Dance? was down 30% from last year’s opener, while the debut of Duets performed so-so.
- Kylie. “Timebomb.” Worship.
- Below you can see Thomas Roberts talk to Joe Solmonese about what the GLBT community can expect from the Obama administration if he wins another term.
- Below you can see AC360 talk to a lesbian who’s been to numerous services at Pastor Worley‘s church … for some reason.
- A scheduling note: Monday is Memorial Day in the U.S., and we’ll be operating on a lighter than usual schedule. But we’ll still have Meme, Briefs, TVoT, Mad Men, and a Liveblog. Enjoy your weekend, and to go out on a pleasant note, below you can see Ellen interview six-year-old Rainer and three-year-old Atticus, two of the absolutely most adorable tykes I’ve ever seen. They’re Presidential experts, and Rainer gives a shoutout for marriage-equality. This is certain to put a smile on your face.
- Congrats to loveless829, who was the first to correctly guess that yesterday’s Pixuzzle™ © ® was Forrest Gump
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see a character from a famous film. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…
Here’s your caption pic for this week.. Drop your caption ideas in the comments (And please remember to keep the captions PG-13!)