Anne Hathaway attends An Evening Benefiting Homeless Youth Services Of The L.A. Gay & Lesbian Center
- Happy Birthday to Ellen DeGeneres, who turns 54, and Anita Baker, who also turns 54. Time to name your top five Anita songs! Here are mine: 5. “No One In The World,” 4. “Body & Soul,” 3. “I Apologize,” 2. “Giving You The Best That I Got,” 1. “Sweet Love”
- Comedy Central has ordered the sitcom pilot Almost Vacant, about a low-end budget hotel in upper New York. I’ll only watch if Marla Gibbs is the executive housekeeper (my undying love to whoever gets that lost 80′s reference).
- In ratings news, the premiere of Keifer Sutherland‘s Touch was Fox’s highest rated new drama series in three years, while Are You There, Ratings? slipped 20% to mark a series low.
- And now we come to something I’ve been waiting my entire life for. DISASTER! is a 1970′s disaster movie musical, written by Seth Rudetsky and Jack Plotnick, and is playing every Sunday through the end of February at the Triad Theater in NYC. Disaster is my favorite genre of film, and I’m the person I am today thanks to Victoria Principal‘s afro, Carol Lynley‘s go-go boots, and Brenda Vaccarro cold-cocking Lee Grant.
- Remember that Sundance incident I mentioned yesterday that was probably a publicity stunt? I guess it worked.
- The cast of Bridesmaids will be presenters at the Oscars. Hopefully they won’t each lunch first.
- Speaking of Bridesmaids, scene-stealer Rebel Wilson is starring in the CBS pilot Super Fun Night, about “three nerdy female friends on their ”funcomfortable” quest to have super fun every Friday night.”
- To celebrate Australia Day, here’s the brand new video from Kylie, “Finer Feelings.”
- Is Mickey Rourke getting plastic surgery to look like Gareth Thomas?
- A Gay History of Gaming. (H/t VeryCutePanda)
- Below you can see part two of Stephen Colbert‘s interview with Maurice Sendak. The two sniff markers, and Maurice gives his opinion on E-Books.
- Below you can see a character from an infamous TV show. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…