Here is last week’s caption pic winner. This week’s caption pic is at the bottom of the page.
Thanks to everyone for participating! The winner is …
“Young man, your new tribal name will be “Dresses In The Dark”
Thanks to Strepsi for this week’s winning caption!
- Weekend Birthdays! (Note: Birthday shoutouts are for out entertainers, allies, or for any celeb that seems to have a following on AE). Steven Strait (above) is 26, Catherine Keener is 53, Ricard Greico is 47, Keri Russell is 36, Nena is 52, Jim Parsons is 39, Alyson Hannigan is 38, Bonnie Bedelia is 64, Lee Pace is 33, Sarah Jessica Parker is 47, AE’s own Eagledancer is “Somewhere between 40 and Death,” and four music stars celebrate birthdays this weekend, so I hope you enjoy lists! First up is Ric Ocasek, who is 63. What are your top five Ric solo/The Cars songs? Here are mine: 5.”Let’s Go.” 4. “Magic”, 3. “Emotion in Motion” 2. “Moving In Stereo,” 1. “Drive”
- TV Line is reporting that ABC is prepping early renewals for Castle, Suburgatory, Last Man Standing, Happy Endings, The Middle, Modern Family, Once Upon A Time and Revenge, while GBC and Cougar Town are still up in the air, and Body Of Proof and Pan Am are probably toast.
- Speaking of TV Line, below you can see the latest Spoiler Alert, where the guys dish on the season finale of The Walking Dead, and Gillian Jacobs and Adam Pally pre-enact the upcoming birth scene from Bones. You really have to see it to experience the full effect.
- Madonna May Be Charged Under St Petersburg Anti-Gay Law. City assemblyman Vitaly Milanov is willing to attend the show to control its moral content: “I’m ready to personally suffer a couple of hours of her concert.”
- Via Queerty comes the Joel Schumacher-directed short film Man In The Mirror, about a high school jock trying to come to terms with his sexuality. It’s very Afterschool Special, especially the ending.
- Top 20 Sexiest Male Musicians of All Time. There are some good choices, and some inexplicable choices, but if it doesn’t include Corey Hart and the blond guy from Go West, it’s a fail.
- The faboo Chaka Khan turns 59 this weekend. What are your top five Chaka solo/Rufus songs? Here are mine: 5.”Own the Night.” 4. “Through The Fire”, 3. “Ain’t Nobody” 2. “Love Of A Lifetime,” 1. “Papillon.”
- Speaking of faboo, The Queen of Soul turns 70 this weekend. What are your top five Aretha songs? Here are mine: 5.”Freeway of Love.” 4. “Spanish Harlem”, 3. “Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves” 2. “Jump To It,” 1. “Natural Woman.”
- If you’ve got a minute, go over and thank Starbucks.
- The final musician birthday is the one and only Elton John, who turns 65. What are your favorite Elton songs? I have to do a top ten: 10. “In Neon,” 9. “Nikita,” 8. Empty Garden,” 7. “Flames Of Paradise,” 6. “I’m Still Standing.”5. “Someone Saved My Life Tonight,” 4. “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart,” 3. I Guess That’s Why They Call It The Blues,” 2. “Blue Eyes,” 1. “Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word.”
- Below you can see AnnaSophia Robb (who obviously hasn’t yet grown her arm back from Soul Surfer) in costume as the 80′s Carrie Bradshaw in The Carrie Diaries. I cannot stand movies and TV shows set in the 80′s because they always get it so wrong, but I’ll keep an open mind with this.
- Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…
Here’s your caption pic. Drop your caption ideas in the comments (And please remember to keep the captions PG-13!)