Following this assortment of carefully-selected news items, interested readers can find a refreshing pic of a hot man in underwear after the jump. Yes, we’re serious.
- Out cutie Dan Gillespie Sells showed up at the London premiere of the new film Clubbed last night. Dan and his group The Feeling just ended their European tour, so hopefully they’ll go back in the studio soon and give us more great pop music.
- Good news for fans of out funnyman Mario Cantone. The stage show Superstar may be headed to Broadway with Mario in the lead role. The show “is the ultimate interactive theatrical experience. Capitalizing on the cultural phenomenon of reality television talent contests, Superstar brings to life the story of six finalists in a heated talent competition.” Sounds like Oh! American Idol with Mario in the Ryan Seacrest role.
- Production on the second season of HBO’s True Blood begins this week and gay reporter sprite Michael Ausiello tried to wrangle a few spoilers from out creator Alan Ball. Unfortunately, all he could get was that the popular character of Lafayette might be back … or might not, which is pretty much what actor Nelsan Ellis told us a few months ago.
- Above you can see a series of promos for Neil Patrick Harris‘s upcoming hosting duties on Saturday Night Live. I’m praying they’ll find some way to work a Clara’s Heart skit somewhere into the show.
- The nominees for the Writers Guild Awards were announced today and Milk received a nod for original screenplay for out writer Dustin Lance Black. I think of all the categories that the film may be nominated for at the Oscars, original screenplay may be its only shot at winning. Sorry! It’s just a hunch!
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…