Here is last week’s caption pic winner. This week’s caption pic is at the bottom of the page.
Thanks to everyone for participating! The winner is …
“Aubrie, no! I said blow out the candles!””
Thanks to John for this week’s winning caption! And a special shoutout to Ferkel for his “How the hell are we supposed to put a caption to that picture and keep it PG-13?!” lament.
- Weekend Birthdays! (Note: Birthday shoutouts are for out entertainers, allies, or for any celeb that seems to have a following on AE). James McAvoy (above) is 33, George Takei is 75, Jessica Lange is 63, Andy Serkis is 48, Shemar Moore is 42, Joey Lawrence is 36, Patti Lupone is 63, John Cameron Mitchell is 49, Eric Mabius is 41, Robbie Amell is 24, Charlotte Rae is 86, Jack Nicholson is 75, and Luther Vandross would have been 61. What are your fave Luther songs? Here are mine: 5. “Dance With My Father.” 4. “Any Love,” 3. “Til My Baby Comes Home,” 2. “How Many Times Can We Say Goodbye,” 1. “Stop To Love”
- Chris Evans is infuriatingly hot and likable. I’m sick of it! About marriage-equality, he says: “It’s insane that civil rights are being denied people in this day and age. It’s embarrassing, and it’s heartbreaking. It goes without saying that I’m completely in support of gay marriage. In 10 years we’ll be ashamed that this was an issue.” Oh shut up. BTW, I so miss seeing his brother.
- Speaking of Chris, early reviews for Avengers are in, and they’re … pretty good!
- When I saw that a big screen version of Lobo was on the way, I squeed a bit. Then I learned that it is not, in fact, Sheriff Lobo, but some comic book character.
- Just when you thought those asshats at Fox News couldn’t be more embarrassing.
- American Idol castoff Colton Dixon (which is a gay porn name if ever I’ve heard one) says that he lost because he performed “Bad Romance,” and it turned off his core Christian fans. I guess because it’s Lady Gaga, and well, you know who she hangs around with.
- TV Line is reporting that FOX is combining Glee‘s 20th and 21st episodes into one, two-hour episode on Tuesday, May 15. Who’s going to tell Christie Keith? BTW, there are spoilers at the link.
- Below you can see the latest Spoiler Alert, with scoop about next week’s Revenge.
- NBC Sports has the details about A’s pitcher Brandon McCarthy tweeting about the offensive Kiss Cam. Could we have another pro athlete ally?
- The Kickstarter campaign for Season Two of Fat Guy is entering its final days, and they still need help reaching their goal. Like all Kickstarter campaigns, there are incentives!
- Now we come to a new (and occasional) Friday Briefs Feature. While Brian will give you reviews about theatrical films you may want to check out over the weekend, I’ll give you the thumbs up/down on the true must see weekend viewing – SYFY ORIGINAL MOVIES! This Saturday night will see the debut of Alien Tornado, starring B movie vets Jeff Fahey (looking grizzled), and Kari Wuhrer (looking … “refreshed”). He plays a farmer with an annoying teen daughter, and she plays a storm chaser with a blog. They both find themselves investigating bizarre green tornadoes that touch down and whisk people away. Could these Alien Tornadoes be the work of … aliens? I won’t spoil it for you. Unfortunately, this isn’t one of the more notable Syfy offerings, and only gets two Mega Python Vs. Gatoroid‘s out of five. However, it is saved from oblivion by one thing. If you watch the film, pay close attention to the character of Denise. The actress (I couldn’t find her name in any of the credits) gives a performance that, I swear, is the reincarnation of the late great Edith Massey. You’ve been
warnedinformed. You can see a preview of Alien Tornado below.
- Speaking of Edith, this weekend John Waters turns 66. What are your John faves? Here are mine: 5.”Cry Baby.” 4. “Serial Mom,” 3. “Desperate Living,” 2. “Hairspray,” 1. “Female Trouble.”
- Finally, how can you not love Sweet Brown?
- Congrats to madhacker, who was the first to correctly guess yesterday’s Pixuzzle™ © ®
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see a character from ONE OF THE GREATEST FILMS OF THE 80’S!. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…
Here’s your caption pic for this week.. Drop your caption ideas in the comments (And please remember to keep the captions PG-13!)