- Birthday shoutouts go to Ashton Kutcher (above), who is 35, Garth Brooks is 51, James Spader is 53, Eddie Izzard is 51, and Chris Rock is 48.
- Farmville is coming to TV, produced by Brett Ratner.
- Oscar nominee Jacki Weaver is set to play the matriarch in the CBS pilot The McCarthys, about “an Irish-Catholic, sports-crazed Boston clan and the gay son whose greatest sin is not his sexuality but his desire to spend less time with his family.”
- In ratings news, Modern Family hit a season low, while Arrow was up 11%.
- George Takei talks about the new Star Trek and Supah Ninjas.
- Below you can see Ellen talk about the Boy Scout’s decision to delay voting on allowing gay members..
- Johnny Weir has advice for gay athletes competing in next year’s Olympics in Russia: “My advice would be: Watch what you do when you leave the Village, don’t be aggressive, don’t wear a big rainbow flag fur coat. If you don’t call attention to yourself, attention won’t come to you.” “I’m not going to be having sex in a Metro station. And if you are doing that, then maybe you deserve to be caught.”
- The Advocate has pics from this year’s Broadway Bares Winter Burlesque
- The site DeepDiscount.com has decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day in an inexplicably offensive way. Who is this aimed at, exactly? Angry straight loners who can’t get laid? (h/t to AE reader TriplicateGuy, who has started a Change.org Petition).
- Cheyenne Jackson in NYC. I’m trying to figure out what that suit is made of.
- Here’s your Daily Matt Bomer™. Another one from the DIRECTV Celebrity Beach Bowl. Here he is pulling at Ryan Kwanten‘s shorts as Chace Crawford looks on. C’mon, haven’t we all had that dream?
- The 100 Greatest Lost Hits Of The 80′s countdown may be over, but every Thursday we’re going to travel back again and pay tribute to an 80′s tune that should have been a bigger hit. This week, it’s “Tired Of Being Blonde” by Carly Simon. Carly struggled on the charts in the mid-80′s, and her 1985 album Spoiled Girl was a commercial disaster, with lead single “Tired Of Being Blonde” only reaching #70 in July 85. Happily, she would bounce back with Coming Around Again.
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs Of The 80′s! At #49 is … “I Do What I Do” by John Taylor, from 9 1/2 Weeks
- John Taylor used a hiatus from Duran Duran for a couple of side projects, including Power Station and his first solo project, contributing to the soundtrack of one of the most controversial movies of the mid-80′s, 9 1/2 Weeks. “I Do What I Do” debuted on the charts March 8, 1986 and peaked at #23 on April 26th. It had the dubious distinction of being nominated for a Razzie Award for “Worst Original Song” (with, among others, the theme song to Howard The Duck), but that’s crazy. It’s perfect 80′s sex pop (complete with dirty sax). SEE FOR YOURSELF. Tomorrow’s clue – “They say we’re gonna sink or swim, but we intend to fly.”
- Congrats to
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see a character from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…