- Birthday shoutouts go to Gethin Jones (above), who is 35, Josh Brolin is 45, Jesse Spencer is 34, and Christina Ricci is 33. Oh, and a very very special belated Birthday to AE stalwart hbeach!
- The Cancellation Bear has downgraded Revenge from “sure to be renewed” to “likely.”
- Via Towleroad: eHarmony CEO Neil Clark Warren Had to Hire Guards Because of ‘Angry’ Anti-Gay Christians.
- In ratings news, The Following was down 17%.
- Kenneth Faried is first NBA player to join Athlete Ally: “Becoming an Athlete Ally gives me the opportunity to spread a message of inclusiveness throughout the NBA and our country. I have two moms and I love them both very much. I respect, honor and support them in every way. The bond I have with them has made me realize that I want all members of the LGBT community – whether they are parents, players, coaches or fans – to feel welcome in the NBA and in all of our communities.”
- In tragic news, Wrestling could be dropped as an Olympic sport in 2020.
- Cheyenne Jackson has joined Jeffrey Tambor in the Amazon comedy pilot The Onion Presents: The News, described as “a fast-paced scripted comedy set behind the scenes of The Onion News Network that shows just how far journalists will go to stay at the top of their game. Jackson will play Cameron, a rising younger anchor who threatens the rein (sic) of veteran anchor David Everett (Tambor).”
- Ohio State University joins the You Can Play program.
- Okay, this time it may have been fake, but someday it WILL happen, and I intend to be prepared. How about YOU?
- Stephen Colbert is a bit confused about what’s happening with the Pope.
- Here are a few pics from the Family Equality Council’s Los Angeles Awards Dinner.
Alec Mapa and Darren Criss
Justin Bartha and Andrew Rannels
- Here’s your Daily Matt Bomer™. Just chillin’
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs Of The 80′s! At #46 is … “New Attitude” by Patti Labelle, from Beverly Hills Cop
- The soundtrack to Beverly Hills Cop was an enormous success, thanks in part to “New Attitude,” which helped propel the mid-80′s comeback of Patti Labelle (she would have the #1 song and album in the country less than two years later). It entered the chart on February 16, 1985, and peaked at #17 on May 11th. And was one of the all time greatest hits in aerobics classes. Tomorrow’s clue – “Too Hot To Handle, Too Cold To Hold.”
- Congrats to
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…