Zachary Quinto and Judith Light share a laugh in NYC.
- Birthday shoutouts go to Aaron Eckhart, who is 45, Al Jarreau is 73, and Barbara Feldon is 80.
- In ratings news, The Carrie Diaries held steady, and is on the bubble for renewal..
- Karl Urban will star in an untitled futuristic pilot for FOX, produced by JJ Abrams. It’s “set in the near future when all LAPD officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids.”
- Good Times is the latest classic sitcom to get the big screen treatment..
- Jane Lynch will star in the web series Dropping The Soap, which “goes behind-the-scenes of faux daytime sudser “Colliding Lives” as the program struggles to stay afloat in the new era of TV.” Jane is exec. producing as well, along with the Web Therapy team of Dan Bucatinsky, Don Roos, and Lisa Kudrow.
- Is Zachary Quinto getting ready to propose to Jonathan Groff? Who wouldn’t? (the source of the rumor is Perez Hilton, so take it with a grain of salt).
- Speaking of, we previously showed you a clip from Miscast 2013 featuring Jeremy Jordan and Jonathan Groff, and below you can see Jeremy perform another duet with Cheyenne Jackson. This one is “Who Will Love Me As I Am?” from Sideshow,
- Here is the first teaser for the ABC Family series The Fosters, which will debut this summer. Produced by Jennifer Lopez, it’s about a lesbian couple and the biological and adopted kids they’re raising.
- One of our favorite guys, Nick Adams, shares his Coming Out Story.
- Showgirls! The Musical! is coming to the Kraine Theater in NYC next month. But who’s going to play Mama Bazoom?
- Introducing our new feature – The Daily
SpOUTlightShoutOUT™. Each week we’re going to focus on one out athlete/performer and feature a daily pic and career timeline. We’ll be showcasing the big names, but also the lesser-known gay celebs who deserve more recognition. This week we give a ShoutOUT to … Guillermo Diaz. After Party Girl, Guillermo made a splash as drag queen La Miranda in Stonewall and as Scarface in Half Baked. Below you can see him on the red carpet in 2002. Tomorrow – Guillermo grabs his first regular series role. BTW, I know some of you are bitterly disappointed that Matt Bomer is no longer part of the Briefs, so starting next week, we’ll have … Monday Morning Matt! (h/t to revtrask )
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs Of The 80’s! At #28 is … “This Is Not America” by David Bowie & Pat Metheny Group, from The Falcon and the Snowman.
- Definitely one of David’s most underrated songs, it also qualifies as a certified Lost Hit Of the 80’s, and is the only chart hit for the legendary Pat Metheny Group. “This Is Not America” debuted on February 2nd, 1985, and peaked at #32 on March 30th. Tomorrow’s clue – “I Never Wanted To Be Your Weekend Lover”
- Congrats to
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…