- Birthday shoutouts go to Gavin Creel (above), who is 37, America Ferrera is 29, Eric McCormack is 50, Melissa Joan Hart is 37 ,and David Tennant is 42.
- Focus on the Family’s ‘Ex-Gay’ Figurehead Denounces His Past.
- Below you can see a preview pic from next week’s “Blackout” episode of Glee. as we witness the return of Nightbird. But does he wear boots all summer long? (only a few will get that reference).
- Below you can see Rosie O’Donnell present Sharon Gless with the PFLAG Ally Award.
- Brett Ratner has been working with GLAAD on a new PSA series (to help atone for his asshattery), and a group of the new TV ads have just been released, each featuring a celebrity coming out for equality. Below you can see the faboo Pauley Perrette.
- Andrew Rannells attends The Assembled Parties opening night.
- Introducing our new feature – The Weekly ShoutOUT™. Each week we’re going to focus on one out athlete/performer and feature a daily pic and career timeline. We’ll be showcasing the big names, but also the lesser-known gay celebs who deserve more recognition. This week we give a ShoutOUT to … Will Young. In between his music, Will found time to star for two seasons on the TV series Bedlam,”about supernatural happenings taking place at a disused asylum being converted into loft-style apartments.” Well, what did they expect? Below you can see him in a snogging session from the show.
- The 100 Greatest Lost Hits Of The 80’s countdown may be over, but every Thursday we’re going to go back and pay tribute to an 80’s tune that should have been a bigger hit. This week it’s “The Power Of Love,” by Jennifer Rush. We all know the song, but before the many, many cover versions (including my beloved Laura Branigan, who took it into the top 30, and of course Celine, who took it to #1 for four weeks), there was the original, which is still the best. Jennifer’s version was a gigantic hit in Europe, but on the Billboard Hot 100, it only reached #57 in April, 1986.
- First, congrats to JohnEd for correctly guessing Speed Racer the other day. No one correctly guessed yesterday’s Pixuzzle™ © ®, but I knew it was a longshot. I was hoping the clue I gave, about the movie being apropos for the occasion, might help, but nobody guessed that the film is … Starting Over, and the pic is the faboo Candice Bergen in her Oscar-nominated performance.
And here she is scaring the shit out of Burt Reynolds Warble, girl!
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Because yesterday’s was hard, I’ll give you an easy one today. Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it? I can’t believe I’ve never done this one.
BRIEFS GUY ON NEXT PAGE!