- Birthday shoutouts go to James Roday (above, at his scruffiest), who is 37, Graham Norton is 50, Nancy McKeon is 47, and Heath Ledger would have been 34.
- Ryan Murphy is shopping his new project Open to multiple cable outfits. “It’s described as a modern, provocative exploration of human sexuality and relationships.” It sounds nudie, so he better go after a premium cable network.
- Magic Johnson speaks out about his gay son.
- In ratings news, Modern Family was up 28% from last week’s series low.
- Celebrities react to the passing of Roger Ebert
- Below you can see Rachel Maddow and David Letterman discuss the absurdity of anti-equality.
- Via Towleroad comes the trailer for the documentary Bridegroom, which looks at the tragic story of Shane Bitney Crone and Tom Bridegroom.
- Below you can see Stephen Colbert discuss straight men getting gay married for free health care.
- BBC America will the air the three-part mini-seriesIn The Flesh beginning on Supernatural Saturday, August 3 at 10 PM. The show focuses on (possibly)? gay teenager Kieran, who is a victim of Partially Deceased Syndrome (PDS). I know it’s already aired in England. Can some of our British readers fill us in a bit on what we have to look forward to?
- Introducing our new feature – The Weekly ShoutOUT™. Each week we’re going to focus on one out athlete/performer and feature a daily pic and career timeline. We’ll be showcasing the big names, but also the lesser-known gay celebs who deserve more recognition. This week we give a ShoutOUT to … Russell Tovey. Russell left Being Human after the third season to concentrate on his BBC sitcom Him & Her, in which he plays one half of a lazy straight couple. The third season ended in December. And he stills find time to be one of the Guys With iPhones. Tomorrow – The greatest Russell pic ever.
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs Of The 80′s!. we’ve now come to THE TOP TEN MOVIE SONGS OF THE 80′S! At #10 is “Twist Of Fate” by Olivia Newton-John, from Two Of A Kind
- The first of two movie songs in the top ten from Olivia, “Twist of Fate” and the rest of the soundtrack are the only good things to come out of the debacle that was Two Of A Kind. It debuted on the chart on November 5, 1983 and peaked at #5 on January 14th, and sadly, was Olivia’s final top ten hit. Here’s the clue for #9 – ” Isn’t there a white knight upon a fiery steed?”
- Congrats to
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…