Here is last week’s caption pic winner. This week’s caption pic is at the bottom of the page.
Thanks to everyone for participating! The winner is …
“No one was surprised at the press conference announcing the new head of the republican party”
for this week’s winning caption!
- Weekend Birthdays! (Note: Birthday shoutouts are for out entertainers, allies, or for any celeb that seems to have a following on AE). Jim Verraros (above) is 30, Mary Steenburgen is 60, Seth Green is 39, Jim J. Bullock is 58, Elizabeth Banks is 39, Carole King is 71, and the faboo Judith Light is 64.
- In ratings news, Glee was up a bit while NBC’s Do Not Harm continues its sub-CW numbers.
- Dame Shirley Bassey will make her first ever appearance on the Oscars in the tribute to the Bond films.
- DC Comics has announced that the upcoming series Adventures Of Superman will begin with a two-part story written by … Orson Scott Card. *sigh*
- The Matt Moore story keeps getting sadder.
- It gives us all great pleasure here to announce that the first trailer for the film adaptation of our former colleague Brent Hartinger‘s Geography Club is now up. We’ll have much more as the release date nears. The vid autoplays, so click on the pic below and it’ll take you to another page.
- 10 Grammy-nominated musicians raise their voices in support of same-sex couples
- Below you can see the latest Spoiler Report, with talk on Scandal and Smash.
- Stephen Colbert eviscerates asshat Stacey Campfield
- Below you can see the first episode of the well-made web series Diary Of A Teenage Nobody, about teenager Riley and her gay friends. (h/t wilmbear)
- Here’s your Daily Matt Bomer™. From the new fashion spread in DAMAN Magazine
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs of The 80′s! A #48 is “All The Right Moves” by Jennifer Warnes and Chris Thompson.
- All The Right Moves was one of the lesser films in the early career of Tom Cruise, but it does hold a small place in pop culture history for one reason: Tom’s full frontal Thetan! It’s actually been a cause of debate for 30 years. Was it a body double? A few years ago co-star Lea Thompson set the record straight by saying it was definitely all Tom. But I digress … the title song was performed by Jennifer Warnes (who’ll you be seeing twice more on this list) and Chris Thompson, and debuted on the chart on November 12, 1983, and peaked four weeks later at #85. Take a listen – ALL THE RIGHT MOVES. Monday’s clue – “I taste tomorrow in your kiss.”
- Congrats to
Dev0n, who was the first to correctly guess that yesterday’s Pixuzzle™ © ® was The Ten Commandments
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous film. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…
Here’s your caption pic for this week. Drop your caption ideas in the comments (And please remember to keep the captions PG-13!)