- Birthday shoutouts go to Christopher Rice (above), who is 35, and the Queen of New Wave Nina Hagen is 58.
- In ratings news, Revenge was up in its return, and hopefully regaining momentum.
- Warehouse 13 has released a new promo for the return on April 29th, and it features Steve running from some kind of weird bat thing. And poor Artie
- Anderson Cooper Talks coming out as gay, brother’s suicide and GLAAD Awards with Madonna
- Big congrats to Ellen, whose talk show has been renewed for four more seasons.
- Below you can see the first couple of minutes of Bates Motel, which premieres March 18th on A&E.
- Below you can see the debut episode of web series (which is a potential TV pilot) Just Us Guys, about a gay father and his straight son.
- Below you can see the IndieGoGo campaign for G.B. F.. Here’s the synopsis: “G.B.F. tells the story of two closeted best friends, Tanner (Michael J. Willett, United States of Tara) and Brent (Paul Iacono, The Hard Times of R.J. Berger). Brent longs for the spotlight and has a plan that will make him the most popular kid in school. He believes that coming out will make him instantly popular, as the newest must-have teen girl “accessory”: The G.B.F. (Gay Best Friend). Tanner on the other hand, would rather fly under the radar and graduate from high school without ever being noticed.” The cast also includes Megan Mullally and Natasha Lyonne. This is worth it just to see Lionel Trane as a brunette!
- Introducing our new daily feature – The Backlot SpOUTlight™. Each week we’re going to focus on one out athlete/performer and feature a daily pic and career timeline. We’ll be showcasing the big names, but also the lesser-known gay celebs who deserve more recognition. This week the SpOUTlight™ shines on … Guillermo Diaz. The 37-year-old made his motion picture debut in Fresh, but really got noticed as Parker Posey‘s roommate Leo in Party Girl. Below you can see his favorite look on the red carpet. Tomorrow – Guillermo takes us back to an iconic moment in gay history.
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs Of The 80′s! At #29 is … “Who’s Johnny” by El DeBarge, from Short Circuit.
- For his first solo outing, El decided on a completely different sound than anything he and his siblings recorded (and I still insist it sounds like a lost Scritti Politti demo), and it worked splendidly. “Who’s Johnny” debuted on April 26th, 1986, and peaked at #3 on July 5th. Tomorrow’s clue – “Blossom Fails To Bloom This Season”
- Congrats to
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous movie. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…