Here is last week’s caption pic winner. This week’s caption pic is at the bottom of the page.
Thanks to everyone for participating! The winner is …
“I guess it’s true. Heels do make the outfit.”
for this week’s winning caption!
- Weekend Birthdays! (Note: Birthday shoutouts are for out entertainers, allies, or for any celeb that seems to have a following on AE). Paul Rudd (above) is 43, Agnetha Faltskog is 63, Eliza Coupe is 30, Russell Crowe is 49, Janis Ian is 62, and Paula Cole is 45. She won the Best New Artist Grammy for “Where Have All The Cowboys Gone” and may be best known for that Dawson’s Creek song. Her followup album Amen was a gigantic flop, but it did include “I Believe In Love,” which didn’t even chart on the Hot 100, but if I ever do a Lost Hits Of The 90′s, this will be high on the list.
- In ratings news, American Idol tied its series low, while the premiere of Hannibal did fairly well.
- Here’s a big spoiler for Vampire Diaries fans.
- Texas A&M Student Body President Vetoes Antigay Measure
- Brendon Ayanbadejo has been cut by the Baltimore Ravens, but he says he was misquoted when a news article suggested it was because of his pro-equality views: “Just a heads up I did an interview today and no way said I was cut because my views. I said my talk was louder than my production and at 36 when you are not producing it is a fair move. You can find cheaper guys to do what I do. Ravens are the best organization in the nfl period!”
- Stephen Colbert addresses the asinine remarks of Jeremy Irons.
- Gabbing with Andy and Anderson
- Below you can see Nordstrom’s “The Ultimate Wedding Party.” Full of “Aww!”
- Below you can see the trailer for He’s Way More Famous Than You, directed by and co-starring Michael Urie, with his Ugly Betty co-stars Vanessa Williams and Ralph Macchio as “themselves.”
- Below you can see Darren Criss attending the Vogue “Triple Threats” dinner.
- Introducing our new feature – The Weekly ShoutOUT™. Each week we’re going to focus on one out athlete/performer and feature a daily pic and career timeline. We’ll be showcasing the big names, but also the lesser-known gay celebs who deserve more recognition. This week we give a ShoutOUT to … Russell Tovey. Wrapping up our week with Russell, up next he’ll star as the lead in the 4 part BBC murder mystery series What Remains: “A young couple move into an apartment only to find the body of a girl that had been missing for 2 years but never registered as missing which leads to a deeper investigation into what actually happened.” And here’s the greatest pic of Russell that has ever been, or ever will be.
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs Of The 80′s!. we’ve now come to THE TOP TEN MOVIE SONGS OF THE 80′S! At #9 is “Holding Out For A Hero” by Bonnie Tyler, from Footloose
- Bonnie’s final top 40 hit is remembered almost as fondly as her #1 smash “Total Eclipse Of The Heart,” but “Holding Out For A Hero” was actually something of a flop when it was originally released. But constant use in video games, movies, and karaoke have brought it classic status. It entered the chart on February 25, 1984, and peaked at #34 on April 26th. Monday’s clue – “We Only Have Fourteen Hours To Save The Earth!.”
- Congrats to
Rob, who was the first to correctly guess that yesterday’s Pixuzzle™ © ® was The Abyss
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see characters from a famous film. Can you name it?
And today’s Briefs are brought to you by…
Here’s your caption pic for this week. Drop your caption ideas in the comments (And please remember to keep the captions PG-13!)
Neil Patrick Harris