Plus previewing One Life To Live and All My Children, and the greatest movie song of the 80’s!
- Birthday shoutouts go to Luke Mitchell (above), who is 28 (Aussie Luke starred on Home & Away, the gay-themed romance Performance Anxiety, and has the lead role on The CW remake of The Tomorrow People), Jennifer Garner is 41, and Rooney Mara is 28.
- Starz has renewed DaVinci’s Demons for Season Two.
- Nancy Reagan’s Daughter Says Former First Lady Supports Marriage Equality.
- Chris Kluwe, will be the Grand Marshal for the Twin Cities Pride Celebration.
- Below you can see the extended Season Finale of Old Dogs & New Tricks. I’m really hoping for a Season Three. We need more sharp and funny gay web series, and OD&NT explores the lives of older gay men, something we don’t see nearly enough.
- Below you can see the previews for All My Children and One Life To Live, which will debut on April 29th.
- Good for UCLA! I’m not sure, but I think the message is “You Can Play.”
- Zachary Quinto at Day One of CinemaCon.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson attends the opening night of The Nance in NYC.
- Introducing our new feature – The Weekly ShoutOUT™. Each week we’re going to focus on one out athlete/performer and feature a daily pic and career timeline. We’ll be showcasing the big names, but also the lesser-known gay celebs who deserve more recognition. This week we give a ShoutOUT to … Will Young. Will has had tons of hits, but one of my favorite songs of his was one of his least successful on the UK chart.
“Let It Go” is a beautiful ballad released in 2009 that somehow failed to click with listeners. Oh, and the video has him as a lycra superhero … which is a big plus. Tomorrow – Will causes Bedlam.
- Continuing the Top 50 Movie Songs Of The 80’s!. And here we are. The greatest movie song of the 80’s is … is “Flashdance … What A Feeling!” by Irene Cara
- Flashdance debuted thirty years ago this week, and became one of the biggest sleeper hits of the decade. And the Giogio Moroder soundtrack is an absolute 80’s classic, and brought Irene Cara back to the charts. This was the first soundtrack I fell in love with, and it still holds up (gulp) thirty years later. “Flashdance … What A Feeling” debuted on the chart on April 2, 1983 and spent six weeks at #1 beginning on May 28th.
- Thanks for counting down with me! So let’s do it again! I’ll be starting a new 80’s list on Monday, but I’m going to let you decide what kind of list it should be. Take your pick!
- Congrats to Someone! I know someone knew that yesterday’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. was Speed Racer, but unfortunately, I have no way to access who that was. If you’re reading this, let me know!
- Here’s today’s Pixuzzle™ © ®. Below you can see a character from a famous movie. Can you name it? This is going to be one of the toughest to guess, but I chose it because it seem apropos for today, and because it’s one of my favorite comedic performances.
BRIEFS GUY ON NEXT PAGE!