[Note: regular Glee recapper Heather Hogan is temporarily stranded without cable/internet. We'll have her full episode recap later today, but to give you a quick rundown on what happened last night and give readers a place to discuss, we're borrowing sister site NewNowNext's recap for this morning.]
When you ask “What’s so gay about Glee?” the obvious answer is “everything.” But we’re here to break down the queerest bits of Glee into bit-sized morsels for your enjoyment. Think of us as your gay cheat sheet to Glee fandom.
Billy Joel songs might not scream queer anthems, but don’t think Glee got all straight on us this week. Tennessee Williams references, America’s Next Top Model guest appearances and shirtless Sam Evans keeps us right on gay track.
5. That Deconstructed Bathhouse Where Tennessee Williams Got In A Fistfight with Tallulah Bankhead. First stop on the Kurt Hummel Tour of New York, and rightfully so. Sam can attest, “it’s awesome.”
4. Tyra Banks as Bichette. Because all the adults in Manhattan are fabulous (where have Sarah Jessica Parker and Kate Hudson run off to?) Tyra Banks is a perfect addition to the adult mentors clubs. And, okay, she’s a little harsh to poor Sam, but she’s just trying to prepare him for the cruel world of male modeling! We love her.
3. Klaine Are Getting Married. Okay not right this moment, but it was nice to have them in the same room, singing together, and reminding us a few times that, yep, they’re engaged. When do we get an episode all about their ridiculous wedding plans, hmm?
2. Can A Marley/Ryder/Jake Threesome Just Happen? It’s the only thing that will save that snorefest of a love triangle. Even Kitty figured out it was all pointles and moved on to greener pastures with Artie. Yawn.
1. Gratuitous Sam Evans Underwear Shots. And you thought stripper!Sam was the height of Chord Overstreet objectification on Glee. Think again! model!Sam is the new iteration and since this one is a career goal, it’ll hopefully last longer than a single episode.